Dr. Venkatesh Babu D. L. is presently working as Professor and Head, Department of Civil Engineering. He graduated in B.E (Civil)- from Bangalore University, in the year 1984 with FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION.
- M.E (WRE)- Graduated from Bangalore University, in 1990 in the year with FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION.
- Ph. D (Structural Engineering) degree from P.S.G. College of Technology, Coimbatore, Bharthiar University, in the year 2006 with HIGHLY COMMENDED for the research work (Sponsored by BRNS, AERB, Mumbai)
- Certificate of Merit was awarded during Nov 1984 for having stood First in batch in B.E Civil Engineering Department.
- Thirty two years of teaching, research and consultancy experience for undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Ten years of research and consultancy in the areas of civil engineering field
· Guided 30 B.E , 20 M.E .Project works.
· Seven PhD (degree awarded) -Anna University, Chennai.
· One PhD (degree awarded) -VTU, Belagavi.
- At presently guiding Five Ph.D scholars -VTU Belagavi.
- Twenty technical papers in the area of advanced concrete composite were published in Scopus Index Journals.
- Ten special/guest lecturers were delivered for Cement & RMC Corporate Companies and Consulting Civil Engineers in the area of Advanced Concrete Composites and Engineering colleges.
Area of Interest
- Design, development and testing/evaluation of new as well as conventional/special concrete composites.
- Development of concrete products with enhanced durability properties against corrosion of steel, sulphate attack and other aggressive environment.
- Development of building materials from different kinds of soils and industrial by-products.
- Design of concrete mixtures for special requirements like HPC, HSC, SCC, FRC, GPC and Pump able concrete.
- Assessment of distress in RCC buildings through in-situ/NDT testing, evaluation and suggestion for repair /retrofitting.
Life Membership in professional bodies
- Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi
- Indian Concrete Institute, Chennai
- The Institution of Engineers (India) – Calcutta
- Fellow of Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (I), Bangalore
- Fellow of Indian Water Works Association(iwwa),Mumbai