Innovations in Teaching and Learning
Various innovations by faculty in teaching learning process are as below
- PPT prepared by subject teachers and senior teachers in the Civil Engineering department.
- PPT prepared by outside experts are used by teachers.
- Audio and video lectures available through VTU, NPTEL , MOOC’s are being used by teachers
- Using models, charts etc.
- Teachers encourage students to collect more information on the course to have better understanding of the course and go beyond syllabus.
- Student’s interaction through subject forums in Moodle.
- By conducting subject based technical quiz.
- Small bits of syllabus are given to students with instruction to collect the information on it through the internet.
- Real time exposures are arranged to the students through frequent visits to the construction sites.
- A Practical model is prepared by students with the guidelines from the faculty.
- Peer tutoring is conducted to help slow learners.
PPT prepared by faculties in the Civil Engineering department:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Teacher||Course Name||Chapter/ Sub Chapter||Innovation|
|1||Dr. K Kumar||Design of Steel Structures||Bolted Connections||PPT Presentation|
|2||Dr. Chinmayi H K||Elements of Civil Engineering||Introduction to Civil Engineering||PPT Presentation|
|3||Mr. Shashi Kiran S||Building Materials and Construction||Building Materials||PPT Presentation|
|4||Mr. Ramesh S||Surveying||Introduction to Civil Engineering||PPT Presentation|
|5||Mr. Ramesh S||Extensive Survey Camp||Old Tank Project||PPT Presentation|
|6||Mr. Vijay K and Mr. Sujith S K||Advanced Concrete Technology||Introduction Admixtures||PPT Presentation|
|7||Ms. Ramyashree||Advanced Concrete Technology||Ready Mix Concrete||PPT Presentation|
|8||Mrs. Shweta K S||Building Materials and Construction||Properties of Bricks and Stones.||PPT Presentation|
|9||Mrs. Swetha K S||Building Planning Drawing||Different types of Doors and Windows||PPT Presentation|